Get More Followers On Any Social Media

Get More Followers On Any Social Media

The number of followers is not just a number to increase your self-esteem. It has much to do with the magnitude of an impact your post creates. While you may be unsure of the best practices and what’s not in gaining followers, we’ve got the data to help you get more people to see your posts across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and many more.

The number of followers is usually thought of as one of the snarkiest measurement metrics for vanity purposes. I’m sure you can relate. I’ve experienced my share of egos linked to that golden figure I’ve seen on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn, pointing my buy facebook likes uk to a friend on occasion and archiving emails as quickly as possible, even if change didn’t happen.

Yet even with the vanity, it is worthwhile to keep track of your follower numbers. Although it may seem like a vanity number to be chasing, the number of followers is a significant factor in how much your message is spread and how many you can convert.

Follower count is among the indicators we keep a check on when conducting our audits and reports on social media. There’s a wealth of good suggestions on how you can increase your following on social media (much that I’ll share in the following) as well. As we at Buffer, our team, has always been curious about the science behind these tips. What specifically do you increase the number of followers you have? What actionable steps are you able to employ now to boost the number of followers you have?

I looked for information- and I think I have found some valuable answers.

10 TRIED-AND-TRUE BITS OF ADVICE ON FOLLOWER GROWTH

Before we go into the methods backed by research for building your following, I’d like to start with some top ways to increase your followers. You’ll probably encounter these suggestions when looking for tips on social media or learning about how people gained the followers they had.

Here are the Big 10:

  • Post amazing content
  • Create a professional bio
  • Make use of hashtags
  • Add a widget to your blog
  • Engage with other people
  • Be sure that your content is easily shared
  • Share other people’s content
  • Contact the influencers
  • Keep active
  • Follow other users

There’s a lot of great information here about the best practices and what’s not regarding increasing followers. These strategies are great for sustaining the growth of your followers. The majority of the tips you’ll find-How I went from 0 to 380,000 Followers on Twitter, and Tips from a Marketer with 200K followers-will be variations of the bullet points above.

You’ve probably realized that there’s no single, straightforward method to increase the number of followers. No switch can be flipped to increase the number of followers. I’ve witnessed firsthand how these strategies make a difference in building your following, as long as you’re steady, patient and persistent.

While there is no magical solution to gaining more followers, there’s at the very least a fair amount of study that can lead you in the right direction and ensure that your efforts won’t be unsuccessful. Do you want to know a sure way to get more followers? There’s an excellent blueprint for you within this information.

THE KEY TO GETTING 2X MORE FOLLOWERS

Researchers from Rutgers University found that only 20 percent of us are informers on social media. The remaining 80% are reformers. What is a reformer exactly?

Reformers: Users who share social media updates mostly about themselves

Informers are users who publish updates that mostly share information.

The Rutgers team came up with”meformer,” the term “meformer” after analyzing data taken from various Twitter accounts. The study, which was based on patterns of use together with follower and tweet information, showed a clear gap between those who post information and those who post information about themselves.

AVOID BURSTS, AND KEEP THE FOLLOWERS YOU HAVE

It is also possible to approach the issue of gaining more followers from the opposite side. One of the advantages of having a lot of followers is understanding what to do with them.

A fascinating study was conducted by a team of Korean researchers that looked into why not follow. They examined 1.2 million Twitter accounts and 51 days’ worth of interactions and tweets. Through interviews and analysis, they discovered that the following variables came into play in the process of unfollowing:

  • Making too many updates in a concise period
  • Posting on topics that are not interesting
  • Sharing the everyday aspects of daily

The interview part of the study delineated the idea of “Bursts”-too many updates at all at once. More than half of the unfollows result from bursts followerspro.

Other aspects are also at play, and several of them relate to things that can be relevant for brands and marketers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.