Where Is Valparai?
Valparai is a slope station in Tamil Nadu and the best Valparai tourist places that lie close to the line of Kerala. It consists of the Anamalai Tiger Reserve and lies perfectly among Munnar and Nelliyampathy Forest Reserve in Palakkad, another underrated tourist destination in Kerala.
In terms of the major close-by cities in Tamil Nadu, Valparai is close to 100 km from Coimbatore and 65 km from Pollachi.
With regards to the major close-by towns in Kerala, Palakkad, Thrissur, and Kochi are close by as they’re within 100-150 km from Valparai.
Therefore, you can show up at Valparai tourist places from various directions, providing you with a lot of options to arrive.
- Solaiyar Dam
The Solaiyar Dam, situated at a short distance of 20 km from the principal slope station, is one of the most mind-blowing Valparai tourist places to visit.
The Solaiyar Dam is a piece of the Hydroelectric Project or HEP.
The principal Solaiyar Dam is also known as the Solaiyar Flanking, the Solaiyar Saddle Dam, or the Upper Sholayar Dam and was inaugurated in 1965.
It is surrounded by gorgeous verdant hills and you could get an unrivaled perspective on the lakes nearby.
This is an extraordinary outing spot and a mind-boggling open door for photography enthusiasts.
- Area: Valparai, Tamil Nadu – 642125
- Cost: Free section
- Timings: Open 24 hours, 7 days every week. (The best time to visit the dam during the day is between 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm)
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit the Solaiyar Dam is between June and September when the weather is pleasant, and the chances of the dam being open because of insignificant rainfall, are high.
- Tea Estate Garden
Valparai is known for its expansive tea estates, which are a great Valparai tourist places fascination as well as a significant aspect of the area’s economy as well.
You can register at one of the numerous Tea Estate Bungalows that can be found in Valparai.
These guest houses are worked at the focal point of sprawling tea estates which you can see from the rooms in the guesthouse.
You can also sample fresh tea produced using premium leaves from the tea gardens, and the entire experience of residing with the locals, connecting with them, and learning about the process of tea making makes this one of the most amazing places to visit in Valparai.
- Area: 17, Valparai – Athirapally Road, Valparai, Tamil Nadu – 642127
- Cost: 1,300 INR per day (around)
- Timing: The best time to visit is between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Best Time to visit: You can visit the Tea Estate Garden the entire year through however preferably, the summer season is the best time to appreciate and investigate the natural beauty of the landscape since the temperature of Valparai during summer is the ideal temperature for the tea plants to flourish.
- Wild Woods Cottages
The Wild Woods Cottages is a superb wilderness retreat in the scenic slope station of Valparai. The cottages are considered extremely tip-top and exclusive.
The all-encompassing perspective on the slope station, with its lush green tea gardens, is one of the fundamental attractions of these cottages.
There are chances you could try and get a glimpse of wild elephants, bison, and deer as well. The interiors are warm and entirely agreeable.
This not just makes it the perfect place to stay when you are visiting Valparai tourist places, yet additionally an extraordinary place to visit overall for its natural beauty.
- Area: 21-12, RK Plantation, Sakthi Thalanar Road, Thalanar, Valparai, Tamil Nadu – 642105
- Value: Starts at 1,200 INR per day
- Timing: Open 24 hours, the entire days of the week
- Best Time to Visit: The visitors can design an excursion to the Wild Wood Cottages any time of the year, as it is ideal during all the seasons.
- Nirar Dam
One of the most interesting places to see in Valparai tourist places is the Nirar Dam. It is situated 16 km from the slope station of Valparai and the whole district is very much associated through a decent organization of roads.
There is another contiguous dam called the Lower Nirar Dam situated inside the wilderness.
The most exciting and interesting part is crossing the 8km long passage that connects the Nirar Dam with the Solaiyar Dam.
The Near Dam was constructed primarily for water system purposes and to give hydroelectricity to the area.
- Area: Near Kodaikanal, Valparai, India
- Value: INR 30 per person for section (an extra cost of INR 80 has to be paid if you are conveying a camera)
- Timing: Monday to Sunday (9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Best Time to Visit: The weather remains most pleasant between September to March. This consists of the harvest time, winter, and spring seasons in Valparai.
- Monkey Falls
One of the most astonishing Valparai tourist places attractions that you should not miss assuming you are in the space is Monkey Falls.
Monkey Falls is a natural cascade situated roughly 30km from Pollachi and at a short distance of 6 Kilometers from the Azhiyar Dam.
Monkey Falls is situated out and about that connects Valparai and Pollachi and is an extraordinary place to stop by with your friends and family for a picturesque cookout.
- Area: Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park, Upper Aliyar, Tamil Nadu.
- Value: INR 30 per person for passage
- Timing: Monday to Sunday (7:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit the Monkey waterfalls is between October and March, when the weather is exceptionally pleasant, with fewer chances of rainfall.
- Vellamalai Tunnel River
One of the most peaceful Valparai tourist places to visit is the Vellamalai Tunnel River, which is privately known as the Koolangal River.
This well-known Tunnel River is around 3km from the fundamental town of Valparai.
The freshwater of the river is perfect and unadulterated and is great for swimming, unwinding, and taking in the views.
You should come here during sunset to watch the sun’s rays descend over the waters. It is also exceptionally lovely during the daybreak.
- Area: Vellamalai Tunnel River, Tamil Nadu, Valparai, India.
- Cost: Free passage
- Timing: Monday to Sunday (8:00 am – 9:00 pm)
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit the Vellamalai Tunnel is between September to March when the temperature is not excessively hot, or excessively cold.
- Birala Waterfalls
For more blogs: Andreas25
The Birala Waterfalls also referred to locally as the Birla Waterfalls, is one of the major Valparai tourist places attractions nearby. The Birala Waterfall is found 2 km from Valparai, in the Solaiyar area.
The stream of this cascade originates in the springs situated in the Grass Hills of the Valparai Ranges and is taken care of by the perennial Nadumalai River, which flows through Valparai.
The Birala Waterfall is an extremely famous tourist destination for its scenic natural beauty and is an incredible area for energetic photographers.
- Area: Valparai, Tamil Nadu – 642117
- Value: INR 15 for passage
- Timing: Monday to Sunday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Best Time to Visit: The ideal months for visiting the Birala Waterfall is February, March, April, and May if you need to experience the full splendor of the falls. The volume of the water by and large remains exceptionally low to almost dry, between June to January, so you shouldn’t visit during this time.